Monday, July 31, 2006






Shane Cameron and more NZ sports stuff from the weekend:

(aka: Shane Cameron is one bad mofo)

I wanted to post this earlier, but I had a huge amount of boards to finish before I could find the time.

As most of you know, I'm a huge boxing fan. Friday night, I was fortunate enough to catch the heavyweight chamionship of the Southern Hemisphere; between NZ native Shane Cameron and Nigerian Roger Izonritei, to unify the 3 big belts down here.

It was, without a doubt, one of the very best fights I've ever seen. Ever. You hear me! EVER!

(Insert bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impression here...

AHHHHHRRRRGGGGGH!)

There's no 3 knockdown rule here, so Cameron put Izonritei SIX times before it was over- (kind of like me playing Gossett in Xbox boxing... oh snap!)- and that was after Izonritei hit Cameron so hard in the first few rounds that both his eyebrows were hanging off! Cut and paste this link to read about it- I'm telling you guys, it was an all time classic:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3747849a1823,00.html

The All Blacks won against Australia for the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday- 13 to 9! Damn right. Much to my chagrin, the AB's dropped the controversial 'throat cut' move from the Haka- but they won, so it's OK.

Did a real quick concept sketch of Heath Ledger as my all time favorite comic book villain- looks pretty cool, but I'm going to really dial some stuff in over the week. Figured you guys would get a kick out of it...

Also, here's some misc pics from the last few weeks, that I didn't have room to post before.

All you Yanks have a great Monday.

Cheers, mates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home